1. What are you reading right now? Still working on Hollowland by Amanda Hocking.
2. How many books have you read so far? Almost one. Hopefully in the last half I can knock out one or two more.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? I really don't know. I had only just found out about the read-a-thon last night so I didn't really have time to compose a list. But I just received "Dear John" in the mail from my mom a couple hours ago, so maybe I'll take that one out.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? Yes, I was saving today to clean the apartment after having my in-laws over last weekend/part of the week. So last night after finding out about this I was cleaning and doing laundry and cooking like a crazy person so that I didn't have to do it all today.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Yes, but really the only one I can think of was having to finish cooking and packing up my husband's dinner for him to take to work tonight. So I just did it as fast as I could.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? Probably how many people are actually involved. It's so awesome to see such a diverse group of people reading so many different books. I have to tear myself away from their blogs to finish my reading.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Well, this is only my first one and I was a pretty late entry so I'm not really sure. The only thing I noticed that could be changed to be more helpful is updating some of the stuff on the main page. I just kept seeing a bunch of 2009 dates so I had a little bit of a hard time finding where all the current stuff was.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? As a reader, I will hopefully have a better reading plan in place. One that allows changes more easily than the one I had this time did. And I will probably sign up to be a Cheerleader for a little bit next time too. Seems really fun :)
9. Are you getting tired yet? Not so much right now. But then again I did sleep from hour 2-6 so I don't really have a reason to be tired.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? I tend to have a short attention span for pleasurable things (ie-reading, watching movies, etc.) when there is housework I know needs to get done. So instead of taking only a couple long breaks, I've been taking many shorter breaks. Taking just enough time to throw a load in the washer. Clean up the kitchen from cooking dinner. Vacuuming, things like that. It helps with not getting tired out too.