AS OF APRIL 1ST 2013 I WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING REVIEW BOOKS FOR A FEW MONTHS. I AM STILL GETTING TOO MANY REVIEW REQUESTS AND AUTHORS WHO DO NOT TAKE KINDLY TO BEING TOLD NO I CAN'T REVIEW YOUR BOOK. SO FOR NOW I AM BACKING OUT OF ACCEPTING ANY.
I NEED SOME TIME TO READ AT MY OWN PACE AND THE BOOKS THAT I WANT TO READ.
I NEED SOME TIME TO CATCH UP ON NETGALLEY AND EDELWEISS REVIEW COPIES.
I WILL POST AS SOON AS I BEGIN ACCEPTING THEM AGAIN.
I WILL STILL BE DOING TOUR AND REVIEW POSTS SO FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME FOR EITHER OF THOSE.
THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING.
- If the guidelines laid out here are not followed through, there is a good chance I won't answer your email. It is a waste of yours and my time to ignore my review policy. I have taken the time to write this out and update it to insure that neither of our time is wasted. Please read everything before emailing me.
- I am more than happy to accept ARCs, already released books, and Ebooks, from authors and publishers. I also love participating in blog tours, host contests and authors for interviews. I may not be able to answer your request right away, but I do try to answer all my emails in a timely fashion.
- My reviews will be fair. Even if I do not like a story, I will not author or story bash. The review will be honest, but not mean. Integrity is very important to me so I will not post false or skewed reviews; my followers deserve the best. Please be respectful of my review.
- I make every effort to complete each book. Unfortunately, some books are not a good fit for me personally and I may not like it. I do post negative reviews, but again, I will not bash the book or author. But I believe my readers deserve my honest opinion with all books that I read.
- My reviews include: cover art, publication details, a synopsis of the novel (summaries/synopses are taken from Amazon.com, Goodreads.com, the jacketflap, or the publisher's website), and my personal thoughts about the book. I do not have a rating system. I do not think I need one. I will clearly state in my review if I liked it or not and my reasons why, so my readers will be able to tell how I felt about the story.
- When will I post a review? I try to read titles in a timely manner but I do have time constraints. If it is an ARC I will try and have it read and reviewed the month surrounding the books release date. I cannot promise a review by date.I post my reviews usually within a couple days of reading the book. If there is a certain date you would like me to have my review up by please state what it is in your request and I will do my best to have it read and reviewed by then. If it will be later than the date provided I should be able to tell you in my reply.
- If I choose not to accept your review I will state why in my reply email. Just because I did not care for that title you may have another title you want me to review and it would be helpful if you knew what I was not interested in. And you took the time to send me an email asking for a review, so I will be respectful and tell you more than just 'no thank.' But please be respectful to me if I say no. It's nothing personal.
Types of Genres I enjoy:
- My blog is mainly a YA blog, so almost anything in YA I will read. Though I do not usually pick up biographies or memoirs, feel free to send a request and I will be happy to look at it and see if I might enjoy it. I do also sometimes enjoy books outside of the YA genre. If I get too many of those requests they will not all make it onto my blog, but I will post a review on other websites.
I do also except self-published authors.
- I do not read a series out of sequence. If you have a review request that is part of a series that I have not read, I ask that you provide a copy of each of it’s predecessors. This will allow for a more effective review; all reviews of the series will be posted, as well.
- I can review Ebooks if they are compatible with Kindle or can easily be made compatible with Calibre, which I have.
Where my reviews will be posted:
-The Firefly Book Loft. (if fitting for my blog, as stated above)
If I receive the book from Smashwords, I will also leave a review there.
Feel free to let me know in your request if there is somewhere else you would like me to leave a review.
My email is: fireflybookloft(at)gmail(dot)com. Feel free to email me anytime with requests or other questions on my review policy.
And thank you for taking the time to read it.